The Office of the City Engineer shall:
1. Initiate, review and recommend changes in Policies and Objectives, Plans and Programs, Techniques, Procedure and Practices in the implementation of Infrastructure development and public works in general of the City Government.
2. Advise the Mayor, as the case maybe, on Infrastructure, Public Works and other Engineering matters.
3. Administer, Coordinate, Supervise and Control the Construction, Maintenance, Improvements and repair of roads, bridges and other engineering and public works projects of the City and the component barangays.
4. Provide engineering services to the City and its component barangays, including investigation and Survey, Engineering Designs, Feasibility Studies and Project Management.
5. Exercise such other duties and responsibilities as may be prescribed by Law or Ordinances.