OFICINA DE AGRICULTOR
HIGHLIGHTS OF 2019 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
LGU ASSISTANCE & DISTRIBUTION (Production Support Services)
A. Php 40 Million Agri-Fishery Modernization Fund
- 900 bags of certified rice seeds of 40kg packaging
and 400 bags of registered rice seeds of 20kg packaging to rice farmers
amounting to Php 2,000,000.
- 46,987 packs organic fertilizer (soil conditioner/inoculant) to rice, corn and vegetable farmers amounting to Php 14,000,000
- 635 units of LPG power kalan (gasulito) worth Php 1,270,000 and portable oven worth Php 1,1270,000 to 211 RIC and 4-H Club Organization as livelihood interventions.
- 1,750 units knapsack sprayer to various Farmers Organizations worth Php 5.43M.
- Urban Gardening Project worth Php 2.5M (Assorted Veg. seeds, 3000 packs organic fert. 650 liters EMAS & 600-liter molasses)
- 1.9 Million garden hose
- Trainings on GAP and others were not conducted amounting to Php 4,800,000 due to failure in bidding.
Rice Seed Support
Distribution of Portable Oven a nd LPG Power Kalan to RIC Members
Distribution of Knapsack Sprayer to Registered Farmers Associations
Distribution of Organic Fertilizer at Culianan District
B. Annual Budget 2019
- 4,000 bags of complete fertilizer (14-14-14) and
3,200 bags of urea (46-0-0) amounting to Php 10,000,000 (Support to rice
C. Calamity Assistance (El Niño)
- Drought resistant rice seeds, mungbean, okra and string
beans worth Php 3,000,000
- Food Packs (for Typhoon Marilyn)
PROGRAMS, PROJECTS & ACTIVITIES IMPLEMENTED (Unprogrammed)
- Created a City Fall Armyworm (FAW) tasked force through an Executive Order No. BC-511-2019 signed by City Mayor Maria Isabelle G. Climaco on October 10, 2019 and formulated a FAW contingency Plan that was submitted to ZCCRRMO for possible funding. The FAW Task Force conducted information caravan in the six (6) Agricultural Districts in collaboration with the DA, RCPC, BPI and PCIC to educate farmers by building awareness on the danger of the pest, identification, ecology, life cycle and management approaches.
- Formulated an Enhanced El Nino Contingency Plan to update and refine the plan.
- Increased in Fishery Permits Licensing by 9% from 6,612 licenses in 2018 to 7,2017 as of November 2019. An increase of 13.82% in the collection from Php 5,735,297.25 in 2018 to Php 6,627,905.25 as of November 2019.
- Endorsement and approval of Regional Project Advisory Board of the DA-Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP) of the Seaweed Production and Marketing Enterprise Sub-project of Mampang Seaweed Planters Association (MASEPLA) worth Php 6,351,307.96 for funding in CY 2020.
- Prepared the Once Islas Integrated Coastal Resource Management Plan (ICRMP)
- Introduced Advance Farming Technology to Lapaz highland farmers specifically on strawberry.
- Geotagging of lowland irrigated and rainfed rice ecosystems.
- Conducted researches on Mudcrab Culture in Aquasilviculture and Participatory Varietal Selection for Rice (drought and saline resistant)
FAW Orientation in Vitali and Manicahan District
Participatory Technology Demonstration (PTD) Farmers Field School in Guisao
Geotagging Activities in Culianan and Manicahan District
- 2019 Gawad Saka Regional winners
- Mark Christopher Basalludin of Bolong was bestowed Gawad Saka Outstanding Corn Farmer
- Gerald Galvez of Culianan awarded Outstanding Gawad Saka Young Farmer
- Rodel and Remi-Ann Eugenio Family of Tolosa was conferred Outstanding Farm Family Award
- 2019 Regional Quality Corn Achievers Award
- Outstanding Regional AEW Achievers Award namely: Medardo Lozada, Sean Janubas, Richard Manlincon, Jaime Troyo and Danilo Cajes
- Outstanding Regional LGU (ZC) represented by City Mayor Maria Isabelle G. Climaco
- Outstanding Regional City Agriculturist – Carmencita C. Sanchez
- Oustanding Regional Banner Coordinator (Corn) – Teodulo A. Adora
Awarding Ceremony of 2019 Regional Quality Corn Achievers Award held on September 3-6, 2019 at Farmer’s Haven, Dao, Pagadian City.
- 2019 National Quality Corn Achievers Award
- The DA has conferred the 2019 NQCAA to 5 Agricultural Extension Workers (AEW) of Zamboanga City, the national awardees were: Medardo Lozada, Sean Janubas, Richard Manlincon, Jaime Troyo and Danilo Cajes. The awarding ceremony was held during the National Corn Congress held on November 11-14, 2019 in Ilo-Ilo City. They received a monetary award of Php20,000 each.
Awarding Ceremony of held on November 11-14, 2019 in Ilo-Ilo City
- Villar SIPAG Award
- The Villar SIPAG Award is a friendly competition among the Filipino Youth whose social enterprises contribute in alleviating poverty in their respective communities. Villar Sipag Award honored Quiniput 4H that emerged as Most Outstanding Youth Social Enterprises at ceremonies held at the Villar SIPAG Hall, Las-Piñas City. Quiniput 4H received Php150,000 to help their projects and initiatives on poverty alleviation.
Awarding Ceremony of Villar Social Institute for Poverty Alleviation and Governance (SIPAG) held at the Villar SIPAG Hall, Las-Piñas City